Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Rocco Trattoria

There are so many good places to eat in Florence but the Rocco Trattoria is by far one of my favorites. It is an unpretentious family restaurant in the middle of the San Marco Market. The surrounding outside market has fruits, veggies, clothes, books, household items and jewelry which is in an open air market with a roof. In the middle is a building where on the inside housed a coffee shop, 3 butchers, a fish monger, and the Rocco Trattoria. Needless to say the Rocco is supplied the best of the best of produce and meats. The last time I came I had stuffed zucchini which was most delicious. They also serve a baked pear in a caramel sauce that is out of this world. Luckily on the back of the daily menu is an English version so I can do some translating. The Rocco is the equivalent of a “meat and 2 vegetables” type of place with the great hospitality of an Italian family. Father and son run the front while the mom is in the back. There are several other family members helping out. The father is my favorite with his handlebar mustache and sparkling eyes. Anytime you are in Florence I would highly suggest that you search out this gem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Rocco made the blog. It is fantastic and so affordable considering what you get. As a matter of fact, maybe I'll lunch there tomorrow.