Sunday, February 8, 2009

The 2009 Grammys

WOW!!! The Grammys never disappoint me! The collaborations and the MUSIC! OMG!!! Sooo many performances that were AMAZING! Radiohead rocked! I love "American Boy" by Kanye and Estelle! TI and JT, Sir Paul and Dave Grohl, Chris Martin and Jay-Z....oh my, each a legend in their own right! I have to say Taylor and Miley's "Fifteen" was REALLY good! Jennifer even brought me to tears! Adele, Smokie, Ne-Yo, Jamie, Sugarland, Kenny, Katy, Carrie, Boyz II Men, Al Green, Keith, and Stevie Wonder ya'll! Swagga Like Us killed it and MIA is about to pop! Loved the blues tribute to Bo Diddley by BB, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, Keith Urban. The "doing this for New Orleans" performance with Lil Wayne and Robin Thick and the band had me dancing...'Put your hands up for New Orleans". Robert Plant and Alison Krauss...I have this album...two destinct voices that are made to sing together...Gone, Gone, Gone. U2...I WILL PUT MY BOOTS ON!!! Kid Rock...AMEN!!!!! And to top it off...BLINK 182 IS BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

I HATE to say this but did anyone see the "Other Cola's" commercial "Forever Young" with Bob Dylan and Will.I.Am? LOVE it except for the last few seconds which showed the "Other Cola's" logo.

Side note...Neal Diamond was one of the first concerts I ever went to with my mom. I must have been 7 or 8. He still rocks, OK maybe I should say sways...heehee!!!! SWEET CAROLINE, BAH, BAH, BAH, GOOD TIMES NEVER SEEM SO GOOD!!!!

I'm so thankful that my mom, dad, Mama Chris, Daddy Bob, and all my friends have supported and nourished my love of ALL MUSIC!!! "ALL ABOUT THE LOVE AGAIN"!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I meant to watch it, but totally zoned. Thanks for posting a re-cap of the night's events. And you are one of the only people I know that would get into ALL of the categories. It's a good trait. Keep nourishing it.