Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!


The 4th of July has to be one of my favorite holidays! I love fireworks!!! I normally go out to watch them either in downtown ATL or we over to Peachtree City to watch them over the lake. But this year I did not feel like braving downtown since Pride is this weekend and it most likely is a mad house full of people.

Even not out in the crowd I am still such a sap! Between singing with the music, watching in awe, and the overwhelming sense of patriotism I ALWAYS tear up on the 4th! I've dated my share of military men, I have friends still in the military, my dad and uncle were in the Navy and have a brother-in-law fresh out of his military career straight from his last tour in Iraq...so I get it! This holiday stands for our freedom! How can you not get teary eyed or have your heartstrings tugged on? You may not agree with the current president on LOTS of issues but guess what...that is what makes this country so great...we have the right to BELIEVE in what we choose because of the freedom our forefathers fought for! This is a day to celebrate that freedom!!! So it is our right to live, love, and celebrate!!!

I watched fireworks on TV for the first time since I was little. I was awestruck! We watched the show from the Capital which was amazing! Next we switched it over to the ones from ATL and lastly over to the Boston Pops with Rascal Flatts! WOW!!! Three hours of awesome music and fireworks! And to top it off the Boston Fireworks show featured the Dropkick Murphey's "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" and Rare Earth's "I Just Want to Celebrate"...I love this country!!!

OK...it could be the wine...I love this wine too!!!

Celebrate, Be Happy & Be Safe!!!

No comments: