Sunday, April 20, 2008

There and Back Again...And Gators!!!

So Lori and I started our drive home on Monday afternoon. We make were making some pretty good time then we stopped to get gas before Dothan (I think) at Bob's. I wish I had thought to take a picture of Bob's. This family owned and operated gas station/bait shop/diner had very friendly help and boasted Bob's famous boiled peanuts so I had to try them. This is where the return trip's poor food choices begins again. What is it about road trips and bad food??? I had to get the Cajun boiled peanuts and I think Lori got some more Nerds. And....away we go.

Further down the road we start getting hungry again and we are wanting real food. We are coming up on Eufala, AL. but we can't make minds up and end up passing everything. Outside of Eufala we come across this gem...
I have probably driven by this place hundreds of times over the last 20 years and have never noticed it before. We got out and saw the following:




Oh my word...GATORS!!! Real live, up close gators! They were pretty close to the fence. We walked up and all of the sudden there were eyes popping up out of the water from all directions. Yes, they were behind a chain link fence but that did not stop me from doing a quick spin around to make sure there were none behind me. I'm such a dork! But this was pretty fascinating being so close. Well, off to what we came here for...roadside pizza!?! The signs say best roadside pizza around and we have passed everything for the next 30 miles or more...so we tried it. I must say it was not bad at all and it really traveled well!!!





Thanks Lori for sharing this road trip with me. I had a great time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mendy I appreciate your road trip to bring our princess home. Ray is so thankful that Julia has you for a friend. It was a lucky meeting on her first day at Georgia State. You are a special member of our family. This farms doors will always be open to you.

Lorelei said...

Thank you, Mendy!